HouseBot Version 3 - Released

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
ScottBot
Site Admin

HouseBot Version 3 - Released

Post by ScottBot »

CeBotcs is thrilled to announce the availability of HouseBot version 3. This is the first major release of the software since it was acquired from Meedio.

There are many new enhancements and stability improvements in version 3. More information can be found on the download page.

Version 3 sells for $69.99 (USD) for a new licensed version. Or $10.00 (USD) for an upgrade license from version 2.x. You can upgrade from the CeBotics or Meedio version of HouseBot.

The trial version of HouseBot is a full featured version that will run without limits for 30 days. Upgrading over an existing licensed version 2.x will require an upgrade license to run (there is no trail for installing over a licensed copy).
Scott
Timoh
Advanced Member

Post by Timoh »

Congrats Scott... Can't wait to read the features and take it for a spin...

... Did polling the Ocelot for analog values make it in? Or do I get to roll up my sleeves and write an ocelot plugin that supports analog values? (Canadian Winter Project. ;)

Tim
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

Hi Scott-

You might want to drop a note to your installed base- I only found out on Cocoon!

I am most interested in this feature-

New "context" option for panel change buttons that allow popup panels to specify different Device and Property values depending on which panel change button was pressed to open the Panel.

since we can't do a trial, can you explain a litte bit about how this works?

Thanks

markd
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Timoh wrote:Did polling the Ocelot for analog values make it in? Or do I get to roll up my sleeves and write an ocelot plugin that supports analog values?
Unfortunately, no.
Scott
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

markd wrote:I am most interested in this feature-

New "context" option for panel change buttons that allow popup panels to specify different Device and Property values depending on which panel change button was pressed to open the Panel.

since we can't do a trial, can you explain a litte bit about how this works?
A simple example is that you have a single panel that has a button to turn on a light, but you have three different Panel Change buttons on one or more panels that call it. Each Panel Change button that calls it can define a context (by name) that the new panel will run under. For each Panel Change button that has a context name, you can assign a unique Device, Property, and change value. So the result is that you can control different lights using the exact same panel configuration (not the same instance of the panel though) depending on which panel change button was pressed.

Hope this makes some sense. It's kinda complicated to describe, but pretty easy to use.
Scott
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

Ok, so my "generic" panel button holds all the context options? Are there any limits as to how many contexts?

On the gray tones and color adjustment- my guess is that this would let you have a gray theme and tint it different colors on the fly? Can you tint based on context?

I am seeing possibilities. . . .

Thanks

Markd
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

markd wrote:Ok, so my "generic" panel button holds all the context options? Are there any limits as to how many contexts?
There's no limit.
On the gray tones and color adjustment- my guess is that this would let you have a gray theme and tint it different colors on the fly? Can you tint based on context?
Not on the fly. Context are only for determining which Device/Property/Value to control. The color adjustment is really just a quick and easy way to use existing images, but make them match your color scheme.
Scott